Default domain for home network

Koos Pol koos2020 at pohw.nl
Mon Feb 8 17:26:22 UTC 2021

Op 08-02-2021 om 13:53 schreef Petr Menšík via Unbound-users:
> It seems Android wants you to use full names instead. Which might be
> good idea anyway. What are applications on android where you would like
> to use those names? Maybe aliases would be simpler there.

IP camera's and my local imap and caldav server.

I posted this question also on Reddit, and I got this very revealing
response that Google circumvents the normal nameserver as provided by
DHCP (see this link
<https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/03/26/make-android-use-dns-server-choice/>
on Android Police). I think this explains so much of the issues I'm
having with my phones.

> Search/domain algorithm are client side.

Yeah, I never realized that until this thread. Sooo much to learn!

Thanks for the insights.
Cheers,
Koos