Default domain for home network

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Mon Feb 8 12:53:02 UTC 2021

It seems Android wants you to use full names instead. Which might be
good idea anyway. What are applications on android where you would like
to use those names? Maybe aliases would be simpler there.

Search/domain algorithm are client side. If client=Android does not use
it, there is no other way than to create those names in root. They would
break on any DNSSEC validating client however.

I don't think there is better method than using DHCP hook to create
"cookie. IN CNAME cookie.sesame.street.". It seems FQDN is preferred way
on Android. Which might not be bad thing if it does not support
multicast DNS.

Cheers,
Petr

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
email: pemensik at redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB