unbound behind NAT: I think you should be more specific

Ron Varburg ronvarburg at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 08:03:22 UTC 2019

 I couldn't understand what exactly are you asking for. Referring to your example,
when would you like to forward queries to 11.22.33.44, and when to 10.0.1.200?     On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 5:36:00 PM GMT, Felipe Gasper via Unbound-users <unbound-users at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

 Hello,

    Is it possible to give unbound a lookup of public-to-local IP addresses so that it can work with non-loopback NAT setups?

    We have domains whose DNS is hosted from behind the same NAT where unbound runs. Currently we don’t know of a way for unbound to resolve queries to these domains unless the server has loopback NAT set up, which many do not.

    Ideally, we’d like for there to be a way to tell unbound that instead of resolving against, e.g., 11.22.33.44, to send the same query to a private address like 10.0.1.200 instead.

    Thank you!

-FG