unbound behind NAT

Felipe Gasper felipe at felipegasper.com
Tue Nov 26 16:22:01 UTC 2019

Hello,

	Is it possible to give unbound a lookup of public-to-local IP addresses so that it can work with non-loopback NAT setups?

	We have domains whose DNS is hosted from behind the same NAT where unbound runs. Currently we don’t know of a way for unbound to resolve queries to these domains unless the server has loopback NAT set up, which many do not.

	Ideally, we’d like for there to be a way to tell unbound that instead of resolving against, e.g., 11.22.33.44, to send the same query to a private address like 10.0.1.200 instead.

	Thank you!

-FG