Allowed Characters in DNS names in unbound's local data: IDN

Ron Varburg ronvarburg at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 07:51:41 UTC 2019

 Does https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internationalized_domain_name related
to your question? Even if it does, I wonder myself how much it is used.     On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 3:04:31 PM GMT, Shanmuga Rao via Unbound-users <unbound-users at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

 Hello,
We are planning to use unbound to perform DNS overrides for traffic  redirection in certain locations within our org.  I was wondering if there are any restrictions imposed on the DNS Names/CNAMEs we would add in the unbound.conf under local zone and data?

For example, AD DNS contains a list of characters that are not allowed, list of characters/digits a record should not start with etc. Do the same rule apply to unbound as well or can we go a bit crazy with our naming conventions ?

I apologize in advance If there is already some documentation on this.  Please redirect me to them if available.

Thanks!!