requestlist size doesn't stop growing since 1.8.0 upgrade

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Sun Sep 23 10:25:00 UTC 2018

Hi,

I upgraded recently from 1.7.3 to 1.8.0, since then I'm observing a constant
and steady growth of the requestlist queue. Currently it is about x8
what it usually used to be and it still keeps growing.

Is that expected with some of the new default?
I specifically disabled so-reuseport (see other thread).

The number of qps remained unchanged.

I assume that a growing queue size is bad for service quality
if the number of qps is unchanged.

Since I'm currently not observing any negative impact on reply time
I'm also not ruling out that this might be a monitoring issue (using unbound's
munin plugin). Have there been any changes that would affect the requestlist graph?

--
https://twitter.com/nusenu_
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu