requestlist size doesn't stop growing since 1.8.0 upgrade

publicarray publicarray at posteo.net
Sun Sep 23 22:09:30 UTC 2018

Hi nusenu,

I've always had a steady growth in the request list I always thought that it is normal. I'm not 100% sure but unbound tries again later to get an answer for the requests in the list but backs-off asking the servers with longer intervals over time.
y=you can use "unbound-control dump_requestlist" to so see what is currently in the list. Most likely you will see *.in-addr.arpa. queries and others that will never be answered.
If you want to you can flush them with "unbound-control flush_requestlist".

I use the munin plugin too :) https://dns.seby.io/stats.html <https://dns.seby.io/stats.html>

Regards,
Sebastian