[RPKI] Publication Error after upgrade to Krill 0.10.1

Tim Bruijnzeels tim at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Sep 9 20:02:41 UTC 2022

Hi Christopher,

This is unfortunate and unexpected as the same upgrade worked in our test environments.

Perhaps the best cause of action is to try to downgrade again as follows:

1- stop krill
2- restore the data from before the migration

You should find the following directories under your krill data dir (/var/lib/krill/data):

Archive dirs from your old version:
arch-cas-0.9.3
arch-ca_objects-0.9.3
arch-pubd-0.9.3

and migrated dirs for your new version:
cas
ca_objects
pubd

Rename the new migrated dirs, eg. cas-0.10.1, etc
Then rename the archived dirs to the 'current' dir names: arch-cas-0.9.3 -> cas, etc.

3- install the old krill version

I think ubuntu 20.04 is Focal Fossa, so:
apt install krill=0.9.3-1focal

4- start krill again

It should now continue to work from the data it backed up during the upgrade.

And then, if we could email in private I would very much like to have a look at a copy of your data directory, excluding the ssl and keys directories which contain your private keys. If I have access to that data then I should be able to work out what went wrong.

Kind regards,

Tim