[RPKI] Krill 0.9.2-rc1 'Motive and Opportunity (RC1)' released

Tim Bruijnzeels tim at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Sep 15 09:59:51 UTC 2021

Dear list,

We have just released krill-0.9.2-rc1.

This is first release candidate (RC) for the 0.9.2 'Motive and Opportunity' Krill release,
currently planned for Monday 27 September.

We will do another RC release in case non-trivial issues are found.

We are currently running this RC in our own production environment, in order to continue
our testing in the wild. We invite all Krill users with motive and opportunity to test
this new version as well and let us know if they encounter any issues.

Installing and Testing
======================

If you want to test this release candidate, you can install it via cargo
by running:

  cargo install -f --version 0.9.2-rc1 --locked krill

Binary packages for Debian and Ubuntu are available via the -proposed sources
in our package repository: https://nlnetlabs.nl/packages/

Note that you can run this version under the NLnet Labs testbed if you want to
have a safe environment to quickly test new features:

https://testbed.rpki.nlnetlabs.nl/index.html#/testbed

Release Notes
=============

This release includes two features aimed at users who run a Krill CA to maintain ROAs:
- Warn about ROA configurations for resources no longer held #602
- Re-enable migration of CA content to a new Publication Server #480

In addition to this we have added a lot of smaller improvements:
- Synchronize the manifest EE lifetime and next update time #589
- Improve error reporting on I/O errors #587
- Add rsync URI to testbed TAL #624
- Improve status reporting and monitoring #651, #650, #648

The following features were added to enhance Krill parent CA and Publication Server operations:
- Optionally suspend inactive child CAs #623
- Perform RRDP session reset on restart #533
- Use unguessable URIs for RRDP deltas and snapshots #515

The updated documentation for this release can be found here:
https://krill.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/0.9.2/index.html

Notable updates to read are:
https://krill.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/0.9.2/manage-roas.html
https://krill.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/0.9.2/monitoring.html
https://krill.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/0.9.2/failure-scenarios.html

The full list of changes can be found here:
https://github.com/NLnetLabs/krill/projects/16

Kind regards,

On behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI Team,
Tim