[RPKI] Krill 0.8.1-rc1 released today

Tim Bruijnzeels tim at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Nov 10 10:06:57 UTC 2020

Dear list,

We just released Krill 0.8.1-rc1. If no issues are reported we plan to make the 0.8.1 release on Monday 16 November.

As mentioned in yesterday's email this release allows users to create redundant ROAs once again, while providing guidance in the form of warnings and suggestions only. Full documentation on the Krill suggestions have been added to the online documentation: https://rpki.readthedocs.io/en/latest/krill/manage-roas.html

In addition to this we have included some small improvements for the Krill Publication Server.

Note that some UI labels have not yet been translated from English, but we strive to fix these before we do the actual 0.8.1 release.

Testing:
========

Please do not upgrade your production systems until the proper release has been done. While we do not expect issues or code changes, the point of having the RC is to prevent production issues after upgrades!

That said, we appreciate it very much if you would test the RC version and let us know in case you find any issues. We recommend that you install it on a test system and set it up under the NLnet Labs testbed service: https://testbed.rpki.nlnetlabs.nl/

This release candidate can be installed in following ways:

- Cargo

cargo install krill --version v0.8.1-rc1

- Debian packages

You can add the appropriate 'proposed' repository and install the krill package as described here:
https://packages.nlnetlabs.nl

- Docker

Use Docker image tag nlnetlabs/krill:v0.8.0-rc1

Kind regards,

On behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI Team,

Tim