[nsd-users] questions how NSD slave handles XFR and how to improve XFR-patching performance

Wouter Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Apr 8 07:29:30 UTC 2019

Hi Klaus, Anand,

On 4/8/19 8:57 AM, Anand Buddhdev wrote:
> On 04/04/2019 23:07, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>
> Good morning Klaus!
>
> [snip]

One way to speed up applying xfrs is to change the xfr directory to a
memory mapped file system, like /tmp.  It could be /usr/local/var/tmp
which is disk-based, and with a memory file system there is no disk
access needed.  It uses memory, then.  There is an option in nsd.conf to
change it, xfrdir: "/path" .

Best regards, Wouter