[nsd-users] NSD and Unbound repositories moving to GitHub on 1 May 2019

Ralph Dolmans ralph at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Apr 19 09:01:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

We are excited to announce that on the 1st of May 2019, we will migrate
the NSD and Unbound repositories to git and use GitHub for maintaining
them. We are also going to use the GitHub infrastructure to manage tasks
and community contributions, collect user feedback and allow you to
report software bugs.

This means that on 1 May 2019, the following will happen for the NSD and
Unbound projects:

 - Our SVN repositories will be made unavailable by replacing the
contents of the SVN trunk with a single document pointing to GitHub
 - Bugzilla, our bug-tracking system, will be switched to read-only
 - We will accept contributions via a pull request on GitHub
 - Feature requests and bug reports should be submitted via GitHub issues

This change is part of an ongoing effort to unify the experience for our
community. Over the next weeks and months, all projects that NLnet Labs
manages will be migrated. We are convinced that GitHub offers the best
platform to cater to the needs of both our community and our developers.

If you would like to get a head start, you can already start using
GitHub for the NSD[0] and Unbound[1] projects today.

Regards,
Ralph

[0] - https://github.com/nlnetlabs/nsd
[1] - https://github.com/nlnetlabs/unbound