[nsd-users] NSD as slave leaves a child process behind

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Oct 20 09:49:56 UTC 2009

Hi Ville,

It could be that the shutdown signal was successfully send to the xfrd
process, but that it is quite busy at the moment.

I have done some testing with 10.000 zones of 7 RRs a zone. It sometimes
takes a couple of seconds before the xfrd process really terminated. But
eventually, the xfrd process should shut down. This might happen after
the nsdc stop command returned 0.

Best regards,

Matthijs