working OK for me - Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: NSD 1.2.2 released

Phil Howard phil-nsd-users at ipal.net
Tue Jul 29 00:25:40 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:42:25PM +0200, Erik Rozendaal wrote:

| This release is a bug fix release.  Users of NSD 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 should
| upgrade because of a problem with wildcard handling that was introduced in
| NSD 1.2.0 and fixed in this release (bug #64).
|
| Please read the README document for configuration and installation
| instructions.
|
| You can download NSD from http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/nsd/
|

| NSD 1.2.2 release notes:
|
| BUG FIXES:
|         - Bug #59: NSD returns FORMERR when the query name is >= 246
|           bytes.
|         - Bug #60: Zonec runs out of file descriptors with many zones.
|         - Bug #61: nsdc uses /bin/sh hardwired (and should not).
|         - Bug #62: NSD is not able to log to a file.
|         - Bug #63: nsdc update and zonec are too tallkative.
|         - Bug #64: Answer for request of a host resolved by a
|           wildcard-resource-record is not understandable by dig.

I've switched all my authoritative DNS servers over to NSD 1.2.2 and all seems
well at the moment.  I'm not doing anything tricky with it (no IPv6, no AXFR,
only a few domains) so it isn't likely to stress it.  I did install it by first
building it into a Slackware TGZ package, then doing Slackware's "installpkg"
command to do the final install.

It was compiled by GCC 3.2.2.

All the servers are running the following:
P-III @ 800 MHz -or- Celeron @ 333 MHz
Linux 2.4.21
GLIBC 2.3.1

The Slackware package I built can be downloaded from:
http://phil.ipal.org/slackware/packages/9.0/nsd-1.2.2-i686-200307281330.tgz
MD5: e74a81158b6692775cddd74769d1ebb7