[ldns-users] Assertion error from drill

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Thu Aug 2 20:52:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 13:12 +0200, Jelte Jansen wrote:
> Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> >
> > cerberus:~$ drill -p 153 cerberus.live.etc.gen.nz @cerberus.etc.gen.nz
> > drill: rdata.c:195: ldns_rdf_clone: Assertion `rd != ((void *)0)'
> > failed.
> > Aborted
> > cerberus:~$

> Thanks for reporting this, unfortunately i have not been able to
> reproduce it (i tried with running a server on a different port, but i
> actually don't think that's the problem).

Ahhh, if I try and query using the IP address it works fine.  For
example:

  drill cerberus.live.etc.gen.nz @2404:130:b1ff:1:0:2:1:53

But if I use a hostname for the server to query, it dies with the
assertion error.

On my AMD64 at work drill dies with a Segmentation fault instead of an
assertion error.

> The packet you get with dig seems pretty normal so i must admit that at
> this point i do not really have an idea on what rdata the code is
> missing or falsely presuming present...
>
> it's ldns 1.2.0 that you are using?

Yes, this is 1.2.0.

--