[ldns-users] Assertion error from drill

Jelte Jansen jelte at NLnetLabs.nl
Thu Aug 2 11:12:51 UTC 2007

Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> Gidday,
>
> I'm trying to use drill to get the DNSSEC signing of a test zone, but
> I'm getting an assertion error.  This could be due to Bind listening on
> a non-standard port.  Here is what I'm getting:
>
> cerberus:~$ drill -p 153 cerberus.live.etc.gen.nz @cerberus.etc.gen.nz
> drill: rdata.c:195: ldns_rdf_clone: Assertion `rd != ((void *)0)'
> failed.
> Aborted
> cerberus:~$
>
> Any ideas?

Thanks for reporting this, unfortunately i have not been able to
reproduce it (i tried with running a server on a different port, but i
actually don't think that's the problem).

The packet you get with dig seems pretty normal so i must admit that at
this point i do not really have an idea on what rdata the code is
missing or falsely presuming present...

it's ldns 1.2.0 that you are using?

Jelte