[ldns-users] Assertion error from drill

Jelte Jansen jelte at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Aug 6 12:54:28 UTC 2007

Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 13:12 +0200, Jelte Jansen wrote:
>> Andrew Ruthven wrote:
>
> Ahhh, if I try and query using the IP address it works fine.  For
> example:
>
>   drill cerberus.live.etc.gen.nz @2404:130:b1ff:1:0:2:1:53
>
> But if I use a hostname for the server to query, it dies with the
> assertion error.

Thanks, that helps a lot, I'll take a look at the code.

BTW the working dig example you gave didn't use the ipv6 address but an
ipv4 one (10.1.0.1). Do these addresses come from the DNS or are they
specified in something like a hosts file? (that would give me more
information on where this assertion failure originates). It could be
that drill fails to recover from a failure in resolving the ipv6 address.

Jelte