[Dnssec-trigger] OS X, resolv.conf

Tue Jan 3 14:19:17 UTC 2012

Hi Phil,

On 01/03/2012 03:01 PM, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> I have an interesting buglet: right now, if I enable dnssec-trigger,
> it installs the following /etc/resolv.conf:
>
> # Generated by dnssec-trigger 0.9
> domain xyz.fr
> nameserver 127.0.0.1
>
> ... where xyz.fr is the domain returned by the DHCP server of a french network
> I was over a month ago. While on that network, I had installed 0.8. I have
> tried to uninstall 0.8, reinstall, and since have installed 0.9, but to no
> avail: I can go into the DNS settings in the System Preferences, remove xyz.fr
> (it shows up as manually added), and I can then see the usual two domains I
> normally have in the search list from my office DHCP.

It picked it out of DHCP when you first installed dnssec-trigger. Then
it kept the setting when you upgraded.

If you uninstall it leaves the config file behind in case you do not
want to lose it, and on reinstall keeps this setting ...

> But if I stop/start dnssec-trigger, xyz.fr is back in /etc/resolv.conf...
>
> Questions: where does dnssec-trigger pick this up from, and how to reset it ?

edit:
/etc/dnssec-trigger/dnssec-trigger.conf

with eg:
sudo vi /etc/dnssec-trigger/dnssec-trigger.conf
or use another editor that you like.

And change xyz.fr or put a commentsign (#) at the start of that line.

The config file is documented, so it should be (relatively) obvious.

Best regards,
   Wouter