[Dnssec-trigger] OS X, resolv.conf

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Tue Jan 3 14:01:06 UTC 2012

I have an interesting buglet: right now, if I enable dnssec-trigger,
it installs the following /etc/resolv.conf:

# Generated by dnssec-trigger 0.9
domain xyz.fr
nameserver 127.0.0.1

... where xyz.fr is the domain returned by the DHCP server of a french network
I was over a month ago. While on that network, I had installed 0.8. I have
tried to uninstall 0.8, reinstall, and since have installed 0.9, but to no
avail: I can go into the DNS settings in the System Preferences, remove xyz.fr
(it shows up as manually added), and I can then see the usual two domains I
normally have in the search list from my office DHCP.

But if I stop/start dnssec-trigger, xyz.fr is back in /etc/resolv.conf...

Questions: where does dnssec-trigger pick this up from, and how to reset it ?

Cheers,
Phil