outbound-msg-retry definition query

Jan Komissar (jkomissa) jkomissa at cisco.com
Mon Jul 11 13:49:05 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I think a non-positive reply is any reply that is not directly related to the DNS query itself. NOERROR and NXDOMAIN are (positive) responses that are directly related, as they answer the query. All other response codes are related to other circumstances, such as network issues, ACLs, misconfigurations, and misformatted packets.

Regards,

Jan.