Using stub-zones to create a "union" local subdomain?

Steven Wills steven at swills.me
Sat Feb 26 22:37:46 UTC 2022

Hello,

Forgive me if this over simplifies your issue, but why wouldn't you have a single Authoritative server and point Unbound at that? Then everything would just use that Authoritative server for name resolution. I recommend setting up an NSD server for Authoritative and pointing Unbound at it. Then set the Unbound server(s) as your DNS server(s) on all of your devices. That way you have a singular place for your DNS entries / a single place to query.

Thank you,
Steven