[SUSPECT EMAIL: No Reputation] RE: [SUSPECT EMAIL: No Reputation] Re: unbound as root name server

Modster, Anthony Anthony.Modster at Teledyne.com
Fri Apr 8 18:08:47 UTC 2022

Thanks
I will try it

Teledyne Confidential; Commercially Sensitive Business Data

-----Original Message-----
From: John R Levine <johnl at taugh.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2022 12:13 PM
To: Modster, Anthony <Anthony.Modster at Teledyne.com>; unbound-users at nlnetlabs.nl
Subject: [SUSPECT EMAIL: No Reputation] RE: [SUSPECT EMAIL: No Reputation] Re: unbound as root name server

---External Email---
CAUTION: This email originated from a new mail server that has not been online long enough to receive a reputation rating. Many phishing attempts originate from servers fitting this profile. Unless you were expecting this email and are confident that it is legitimate, please delete it immediately.

> I think I mean, can unbound be the "root server" on an isolated network.
> That will resolve custom created URL's without external name servers.

You can use local-data and local-zone lines in unbound.conf to provide your own data which so, yes.  You'll want access-control lines to tell it that it's OK to send answers to addresses on your network.

I use local-data and local-zone on my home netmwork to give names to devices behind my NAT router and to shortcircuit queries to some ad networks.

R's,
John

> Teledyne Confidential; Commercially Sensitive Business Data

Still too late.