Help: libunbound ub_result parsing

Raman, Sankar sraman at rbbn.com
Fri Mar 12 08:51:18 UTC 2021

Hello;

I am integrating unbound 1.13.0 in our opewrt based product for DNS, SRV and Inverse PTR queries. I am using ub_resolve_async() for queries and processing responses from ub_result via the callback. I have following questions in this regard:

  1.  For SRV response, the data[] in ub_result contains list of (port, protocol, priority, weight and host dname) (data[] also has the dname for PTR Answer). Is the dname in result->data[] always given in only uncompressed form or can also contain compressed form?

  1.  If compressed form can also be present, then what API to use to convert the dname to normal name string?

  1.  If uncompressed only then what is the appropriate API to use - sldns_write2str_dname() or dname_str()?

  1.  And what is the difference between sldns_write2str_dname() or dname_str()?

Thanks
Sankar

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.