Improving stability on Windows

Dave Warren dw at thedave.ca
Tue Feb 9 18:39:34 UTC 2021

On 2021-02-08 16:01, Joe Abley via Unbound-users wrote:
> Unbound keeps track of authoritative servers that are unresponsive so that it can avoid overloading them with retries. It seems possible that during the brief period of disconnection from the Internet all of the nameservers needed to satisfy queries for particular names were all unavailable at the same time, and Unbound is avoiding using them for some period, following the same logic.

I encountered related issues in the past myself.

I wonder if it might make sense for Unbound to consider the situation
where all possible nameservers for a particular query are believed to be
unresponsive and still fire off a single query to one selected at random
rather than failing the request completely?