Building Unbound on Big Sur

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Wed Apr 21 17:27:31 UTC 2021

 George Thessalonikefs via Unbound-users writes:

 > Hi Eoin,
 >
 > Can't offer much advice on Big Sur and Mac building but there are the
 >      --with-libexpat=path, and
 >      --with-ssl=path
 > ./configure options to specify alternative paths for those.
 >
 > Best regards,
 > -- George
 >
 > On 21/04/2021 17:39, Eoin Norris via Unbound-users wrote:
 > >
 > > Thanks Mike
 > >
 > > I’ve inherited a project which is forked off the standard unbound and hadn’t been built for a while and never on Big Sur.  I’ve just joined the company and the other developer is gone. Anyway long story short it needs to be built from the sources and not using brew. Sadly.

Silly suggestion: Although MacPorts can give you binaries, it also
builds from source (there is an option to force that). If you dig into
the system it might give an idea how to set the configurations options
George talks about. You probably have to build some dependencies as
well.

See https://www.macports.org/index.php,
https://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.uninstalling

	jaap