Unbound and loading rpz files with url questions

Michael Van Der Beek michael.van at antlabs.com
Wed Apr 14 05:04:30 UTC 2021

Hi Mark,

You might want to look at this:
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=289587

That is what I use with a bit local modification.
It downloads the various lists that you want to block.
However, when you reload unbound you might lose the whole cache contents in unbound.
So your recursor performance will drop each time you update it.

You can modify it to create the combined list of block zones.. get the difference to add or remove domains and just use
To add the zone..
/usr/sbin/unbound-control local_zone <$line>

To remove the zone:
/usr/sbin/unbound-control local_zone_remove <$line2>

This way you won’t lose the cache in unbound and you can dynamically update the rpz as and when you run the script.

Regards,

Michael