notice: send failed: Permission denied

Caroptions Caroptions caroptions at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 19:04:18 UTC 2021

Hi George, Wouter,

Thank you for reply! The problem with this solution is that (even silently) unbound continue to contact blocked NS and as result load firewall filter significantly, as I mentioned before CPU load jumps to up to 50% and stays on this level till I reload unbound with appropriate  do-not-query-address:.

Also strange thing that unbound (it seems) does not have any limit of how many times tries to ping specific name server (I observed once 5 hours in a row).

Is it (number of times to ping) configurable?

Thanks,
John