error: cannot open zonefile No such file or directory

Unbound unbound at tacomawireless.net
Tue Apr 13 16:56:36 UTC 2021

On 2021-04-13 03:01, George Thessalonikefs via Unbound-users wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I don't understand the need for multiple `directory:` entries. `directory:`
> configures the working directory of the program, I don't see how there could
> be
> more than one.
>
> Maybe what you need is achieved with the `include:` directive where you can
> specify other configuration files to be included. Those files can then live
> in an
> organized directory structure. There is wildcard support to include all the
> contents from a given directory:
> 	include: /path/to/dir/*
>
> You can also use `include-toplevel:`. Read the manpage of unbound.conf right
> under
> the section "FILE FORMAT" to see how those two are meant to be used.
>
> Best regards,
> -- George
>
> On 12/04/2021 22:09, Mark Abram wrote:
>> Intead of chroot: "" I have specified chroot: /opt/var/lib, one level up.
>> This way unbound is contained under one directory.
>> ​My zone files will reside in /opt/var/lib/zones.
IF as is default, unbound is in a chroot(ed) directory. Everything below that
dir IS
available to unbound -- SO LONG -- as unbound has permission to READ those
directories.
Is it possible the directories were written by YOU, and, as a result, unbound
is not
permitted to read them?
In *BSD parlance, the following would correct that.
Assuming the user unbound is unbound:
# cd /opt/var/lib
# chown -Rh unbound:unbound .
After performing the equivalent command for YOUR OS. Simply restart unbound.

HTH

--Chris