Unbound and loading rpz files with url questions

Mark Abram marek.w.abram at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 19:16:56 UTC 2021

I have been using unbound since version 1.10. Recently with the newest version 1.13.1-1 I started implementing rpz zone files and using

​frequent curl commands in crontab to refresh 2 zones I have.

​

​https://scripttiger.github.io/alts/rpz/blacklist.txt

https://urlhaus.abuse.ch/downloads/rpz/ (https://scripttiger.github.io/alts/rpz/blacklist.txt)

Questions:

​1. With first url there is no TTL or SOA header, how in unbound going to handle this? Do I still need to run cron job to perform reloading?

​2. This has proper header with TTL and SOA flags. ​​Will unbound do proper reloading of the zone? I am assuming that with this zone url I no longer need cron job.

​3. Many posts I have seen having issues with unbound url zone working. Do I need to be aware of any required flags or configuration?

​

​Thank you in advance.

​Mark