unbound and resolvconf

dy1977 at orange.fr dy1977 at orange.fr
Fri Feb 14 02:07:16 UTC 2020

Hello,

Since I want that local DNS request are served by unbound, I disabled
the DNS resolving in Network Manager, and I uninstalled resolvconf to
prevent it to modify the resolv.conf file, which is fixed to

nameserver  127.0.0.1

But this provokes the following message when unbound starts :

Started Unbound DNS server.
Feb 13 16:23:42 localhost systemd[1]: Condition check resulted in
Unbound DNS server via resolvconf being skipped.

Is this a problem ? I ask because I have two systems. The first one
continue to work normally with resolvconf uninstalled, I have a problem
on the second. I don't think it is linked to resolvconf, but
nevertheless I ask.

A complementary information : when resolvconf was installed, there was
also an error each time unbound started:

package-helper[6655]: /etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc: Warning:
/etc/resolv.conf is not a symbolic link to /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf

It is true on Armbian Buster. Nevertheless sometimes resolvconf was
editing directly /etc/resolvconf, it was visible from the header.

If this is not correct, then what is the right way to force local DNS
requests to pass through unbound ?

Thanks in advance.

Dysmas