unbound and nsd on the same machine - what am I missing?

Mike Kazantsev mk.fraggod at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 07:36:29 UTC 2020

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 02:53:40 -0400
bofh <goodb0fh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tried it with and without
> >     local-zone:  "10.10.10.in-addr.arpa" nodefault  # is this needed?
>
> Still can't do reverse lookup of the 10.10.10.* IP addresses.

Oh well, and guess "nodefault" might be a bit different from "static"
I've used in these lines.

10.in-addr.arpa. stub-zone works in my config without that local-zone
line, so pretty sure it's not needed anyway.

Do have "private-address: 10.0.0.0/8" line though, wonder if maybe you
also need something similar, though iirc it's documented as being
relevant for filtering results in A/AAAA queries.

Also can suggest confirming that nsd does not get queried via
tcpdump, its logs or e.g. in `strace -p $(pgrep -x unbound)`,
as well as temporary enabling verbose logging (i.e. debug lines,
which can tell why unbound does something).

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net