Easy noob question

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Tue Jul 9 02:21:49 UTC 2019

On 7/8/19 6:40 PM, Chris via Unbound-users wrote:
> The below issue occurs because of conflicts with libevent..
>
> Removing --with-libevent produces all sorts of different errors.
>
> I would think I could point to a Openssl and make this work. I cannot.
>
> Seems simple enough, download 1.9.2,, go get OpenSSL 1.1.1c,
> config/make it. Then go config make Unbound with --with-ssl= pointing
> to the OpenSSL.. But this fails..
>
> Ive spent hours on this and tried all the OpenSSL versions. I feel
> mighty stupid as this should work...
>
> Please give me a hint on what to go do.
>
> I can pkg install 1.9.2 and this is fine and shows openssl lib 1.1.1,
> but, I want --without-pthreads --without-solaris-threads and so, I
> need to compile.
one thing to note is that the ports tree uses the OpenSSL from base for
building via the $OPENSSLBASE envvar, so it may be worth pointing config
at that location.  here's how that's setup in the ports tree I believe:

# OPENSSLBASE           - "/usr" or ${LOCALBASE}

hope this helps,
-pete

--
Pete Wright