Unbound and Python-script

Harald Hjønnevåg harald.hjonnevag at deichman.no
Mon Feb 4 14:15:06 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to  get Unbound to work on Ubuntu 18.04 with a DNS filter Python script made by Oliver Hitz. Although my experience with Python is very limited, it seemed as if getting it up and running should be straightforward.

I have run both the Unbound version provided with Ubuntu 18 and the latest version compiled by myself, with no luck getting it running properly. My hope is that somebody on this list kindly would give me a tip pointing me in the right direction.

This is the error I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/etc/unbound/dns_filter.py", line 78, in operate
    name = qstate.qinfo.qname_str.rstrip('.')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/unboundmodule.py", line 129, in _get_qname_str
    def _get_qname_str(self): return dnameAsStr(self.qname)
TypeError: in method 'dnameAsStr', argument 1 of type 'char const *'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Harald