Different reply for different source addresses

Юрий Иванов format_hub at outlook.com
Mon Dec 30 20:29:58 UTC 2019

Great idea like it, thanks.

Btw, Happy holidays.
________________________________
От: Toni Mueller <support-unbound at oeko.net>
Отправлено: 30 декабря 2019 г. 22:22
Кому: Юрий Иванов <format_hub at outlook.com>
Копия: unbound-users at nlnetlabs.nl <unbound-users at nlnetlabs.nl>
Тема: Re: Different reply for different source addresses

Hi Yuri,

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 06:44:17PM +0000, Юрий Иванов via unbound-users wrote:
> Can I reply to specific networks (lets say 1.0.0.0/8) with public routable address but for my private networks (i.e. 10/8 or 192.168/16) with private IP 10.0.0.1?

my approach would be to run two name servers and also two resolvers.

One resolver would run on the public address and point to one of the
nameservers which only knows the public address, and the other runs on
the private address and points to a name server which has only the
private addresses. The price you have to pay is to run a few more
daemons, but it's very clean. Now you only have to generate two
different zone files for the upstream nameservers.

Cheers,
Toni