unbound v1.6.0 python module on debian 9

Christopher Hearn chris at convorelay.com
Tue Oct 23 15:24:08 UTC 2018

I’m trying to set up a server running unbound and a python script.  This is working OK on an older server running version 1.4.2.  On the newer one, I can’t seem to get unbound to see the python script dependencies.  I do recall on the old server, this was because chroot was enabled.  Once I disabled it in the config file via chroot: “”, it was fine.  It’s disabled on the new one too, but still doesn’t seem to help.  If I symlink the requested file from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/unboundpython.py to /etc/unbound/, that resolves that error, but more come up because of course it can’t see the other libraries.  This leads me to believe that unbound isn’t looking out of /etc/unbound/ even though chroot is disabled.  Is there something else I’m missing?