Ubuntu/Python module _unboundmodule missing

Snitch Ashor admin at brgf.de
Mon Oct 8 14:36:07 UTC 2018

Hi Wouter,

I already narrowed it down to be a python3 (in my case 3.6 issue). If I
configure unbound the exact same way except using PYTHON_VERSION=2.7
everything works as intended. If I build it using Python3 the first
method that is used from _unboundmodule (in my case
_unboundmodule.dnameAsStr(dname)) fails.

This is how I configure it:

./configure --with-libevent --disable-static --with-ssl
--sysconfdir=/etc/unbound --with-conf-file=/etc/unbound/unbound.conf
--with-pidfile=/var/run/unbound.pid --enable-pie --enable-systemd
--enable-subnet --enable-event-api --enable-dnscrypt --enable-cachedb
--enable-ipsecmod --with-pyunbound --with-pythonmodule
PKG_CONFIG="/usr/bin/pkg-config" --prefix=/usr PYTHON_VERSION=2.7

As a side note: starting from 1.8.1 systemd integration works like a
charm, thanks!

Bests,

Daniel