ip-ratelimit not change in ip_ratelimit_list - after reload

Luiz Fernando Softov fernando at softov.com.br
Wed Jul 11 04:38:33 UTC 2018

Hi,

After my application changes unbound configuration, i call a reload to put
thing in order.

After calling reload, I figure out that ip-ratelimit was not changed in
ip_ratelimit_list
​

ip-ratelimit: 350
ip-ratelimit-size: 4m
ip-ratelimit-slabs: 2
ip-ratelimit-factor: 10
​​

​$ unbound-control get_option ip-ratelimit
350

$ unbound-control ip_ratelimit_list +a
192.168.0.1 5 limit 350

# change ip-ratelimit to 400 in unbound conf file and calls reload

​$ unbound-control reload​

​$ unbound-control get_option ip-ratelimit
400

# even new users get the old ip-ratelimit

$ unbound-control ip_ratelimit_list +a
192.168.0.1 7 limit 350

$ unbound-control ip_ratelimit_list +a
192.168.0.1 7 limit 350
192.168.0.2 15 limit 350

# then I call set_option, and everything is fine
$ unbound-control
set_option ip-ratelimit: 400
ok
​$ unbound-control get_option ip-ratelimit
400

$ unbound-control ip_ratelimit_list +a
192.168.0.1 8 limit 400
192.168.0.2 9 limit 400

This is suppose to work that way? There is a problem/BUG? Or I'm missing
something?
​