EDNS module Performance

Alexandre Wicquart alexandre.wicquart at corp.ovh.com
Thu Aug 2 12:20:52 UTC 2018

Hi Wouter,

I'm running unbound on 8 threads server and in my unbound configuration,
i already have this :

###
server:
  num-threads: 8
  so-reuseport: yes
  so-rcvbuf: 8m
  so-sndbuf: 8m
###

At this point, i have no UDP errors @280k req/sec. It's the max i can
handle with my server.

Now if i add subnetcache :

###
module-config: "subnetcache validator iterator"
###

I can go to ~50k req/sec.
Over 50k, i have the UDP errors and only with EDNS.

For example, i try to send 100k req/sec, i will 100k packets IN on my
network interface, 50k packets OUT, and 50K in UDP errors. It's really
strange.

Best Regards,
--
Alex.