Stats Shared Memory

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Feb 23 12:09:44 UTC 2017

Hi Luiz,

Thank you for your patch.  I have included it (but not in 1.6.1, but it
is in the code repository for 1.6.2).

Modified the patch a bit to clean it up and I added unbound-control
stats_shm, that makes unbound-control print out the normal stats output
from it, but using shm to get the information.

I also added shm-enable and shm-key to unbound.conf.  Disabled by default.

Not sure when to reset the memory, so I didn't.  I guess unbound-control
could reset the memory after printing out the results (unless 'noreset')?

The .h file is harder, unbound.h that gets installed is the obvious
choide, but not sure how to deal with version changes, and different
statistics output...

Best regards, Wouter