What is the most convenient way for logging request including client source address?

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Tue Nov 15 00:00:01 UTC 2016

Tony Finch wrote:
> Paul Vixie via Unbound-users <unbound-users at unbound.net> wrote:
>
>> if anyone tries dnstap and encounters any trouble, please reach out to
>> me. it is farsight's goal to push this bsd-licensed open source
>> technology into the community and to make it easier for all operators to
>> see in real time what their name servers are doing.
>
> Do you have any tools for taking a full dnstap feed and fanning out
> filtered versions to multiple consumers? How about fan-in from multiple
> servers?

no, and no. however, i believe that the middleware on github is adequate
to building that kind of routing software. i'd encourage you to write it
in Go rather than C at this stage of human history, and if you want to
add it to the github repository, we'll be happy to work with you on that.

--
P Vixie