What is the most convenient way for logging request including client source address?

iman Khosravi im.khosravi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 11:43:10 UTC 2016

Hi all

I'm looking for a way to get detail logging from Unbound with less impact
on the performance of our servers.
I searched around and it seems both unbound itself and other third party
modules like Dnstap is capable of logging request/reply with client source
address.
It seems using verbosity of 5 for getting client source address put
pressure on unbound performance as i see its some kind of logging
information specified as Debug in log files and i got many other thinks
that I'm not interested in.
About Dnstap, I'm not sure if it's still an active project and i could use
it with latest Unbound release with confidence.

Do you have any idea about this topic?

Thanks in advance