[Unbound-users] Flavors of unbound - How to choose?

Carsten Strotmann unbound at strotmann.de
Wed Jul 28 12:00:32 UTC 2010

 Hi,

we (Men & Mice) have published an article on how to select between
different "flavors" of unbound compilation.

The article can be found at
http://otrs.menandmice.com/otrs/public.pl?Action=PublicFAQ&CategoryID=21&ItemID=47

> workloads. While most performance optimizations can be done at runtime
> using the configuration file or the unbound-control tool, some more
> basic decisions that influence the performance are done during the
> compile-time of the unbound binaries.
>
> This article will explain the technical differences of the possible
> "flavors" of unbound and will give proposals under which type of DNS
> workload a specific flavor will perform best.
The article will be kept updated when new versions of unbound are released.

Any feedback and corrections are welcome.

-- Carsten