[RPKI] Krill 0.12.0 'Crickets' Released

Tim Bruijnzeels tim at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Nov 2 09:32:51 UTC 2022

Dear list,

We released Krill 0.12.0 'Crickets'.

This release vastly reduces the CPU usage by Publication Servers for big RPKI repositories.

We recommend that Publication Servers that serve many CAs, let's say more than 100, use the new "rrdp_delta_interval_min_seconds" directive to stage changes and produce a new RRDP delta every 1-5 minutes only. Given that most RPKI validators do not update more frequently than once every 10 minutes, and most changes are not urgent (i.e. manifest and CRL renewal well ahead of time), there is should be no real impact on RPKI validation. The performance benefit on the server side is significant.

In addition to this we added a small feature, and fixed an interop issue:
- Listen on IPv4+IPv6 #955
- Fix rfc6492 interop (AKI format) #948

Upgrade instructions this release are here:
https://krill.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/stable/upgrade.html#v0-12-0

The overview of all issues for this release can be found here:
https://github.com/NLnetLabs/krill/projects/23

Full documentation can be found here:
https://krill.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/

On behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI team,