[RPKI] Krill 'The Thundering Herd' (RC3) Released

Tim Bruijnzeels tim at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Nov 15 15:11:04 UTC 2021

Dear list,

We just released the third release candidate for Krill 0.9.3 'The Thundering Herd'.

We did not alert you about the previous two release candidates as they were primarily
meant to help our own testing, but with this third candidate we believe that the time
has come to invite your feedback.

New fixes and features in release 0.9.3 will be:

- Prevent a 'thundering herd' of CA publication by adding random jitter (#692)
- Re-issue all ROA objects to ensure short subject names are used (#700)
- Handle rate limits by parents for CAs with many parents (#680)
- Support *experimental* ASPA objects through API and CLI (#685)

Note that ASPA support is experimental, and is meant for testing purposed only.
If you want to experiment with this feature, you can find documentation here:
https://krill.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/prototype-aspa-support/manage-aspas.html

The full list of changes can be found here:
https://github.com/NLnetLabs/krill/projects/18

Kind regards,

On behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI Team,

Tim