[RPKI] [EXTERNAL] validation scalability considerations

Compton, Rich A Rich.Compton at charter.com
Thu Nov 11 23:58:05 UTC 2021

Hi Shawn, we have 4 instances of routinator.  I think having two different validators is a good idea buy I couldn’t convince my Ops guys to do this.   Two instances are in one data center in the west of the US and two in east.   We have RTR sessions from over 1000 routers to each one.  If any one of the sessions goes down, we have 3 others.  Ops did modify “/etc/security/limits.conf” and added:

* soft nofile 524820
* hard nofile 524820

because we were getting an error about too many open files from the OS.  The throughput on the instances is less than 15 Mbps with an RTR refresh time of 10 mins configured on our routers.

-Rich