[RPKI] Problem

Ximon Eighteen ximon at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri May 21 19:13:14 UTC 2021

Hi Persio,

Thanks for contacting the list with this problem.

I don't run Debian Buster myself but we have automated packaging tests
that are done prior to release (with GitHub Actions) and those succeed
for Buster, and it appears to install just fine in a Debian Buster
Docker container like so:

$ docker run -it debian:buster bash
# apt update
# apt install -y wget gnupg2
# echo 'deb [arch=amd64] https://packages.nlnetlabs.nl/linux/debian/
buster main' >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/nlnetlabs.list
# wget -qO- https://packages.nlnetlabs.nl/aptkey.asc | apt-key add
# apt update
# apt install krill
# krill -V
Krill 0.8.2

So I'm unsure what the problem might be on your actual Buster
installation. In the notes you gave about the steps that you took I see
this line just before the error:

   apt install krill dah error

That should be just `apt install krill`. I assume that this isn't the
actual command that you used but rather you added 'dah error' to say
this is where the error happens, is that right?

One other thing I see is that you did not do `apt update` after
the wget, while in my sequence above I did. If you do `apt update` does
that help?

Also, what does the `apt policy krill` command show?

Thanks,

Ximon
NLnet Labs Senior Engineer