[RPKI] Krill 0.9.0 Publication Server issue.

Tim Bruijnzeels tim at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Jul 14 15:43:15 UTC 2021

Dear list,

It was found that the Krill 0.9.0 publication server locks on requests.

This issue seems to be related to unexpectedly slow deserialisation of the repository content state. This issue primarily affects large repositories: more content makes this deserialisation slower and it is triggered more often because the server is frequently contacted by publishers.

Furthermore it seems that, while we do need to have locking in place around updates to the repository, there is an unnecessary lock around serving the latest RRDP files from disk while other work is being done.

Users are advised not to upgrade to 0.9.0 until we have resolved this issue. Clearly, we will work on this with the highest priority and plan to have a bug fix release as soon as we have a tested fix.

On behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI team,

Tim