[RPKI] Krill not publishing ROAs for RIPE prefixes

Tim Bruijnzeels tim at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Jul 8 20:34:31 UTC 2021

Hi Christopher,

This is strange indeed. It sounds a bit like your resource entitlements under RIPE NCC may have changed.

Going with that assumption:

Krill will only allow you to create ROAs for prefixes that you hold on a certificate (or any certificate under any parent if you have multiple). However if you lose the resource on your certificate then it can no longer create the signed ROA objects. What is confusing - and I should prioritise this higher I now realise - is that the UI and API will list your previously configured "Authorisations" still. These are not actual ROAs but your intent to create ROAs if you see what I mean. If you get back the resources then the ROA objects will be re-created automatically. What is missing from the UI though is a clear indication which "Authorisation" configs would be for space you no longer hold on your certificates.

Can you check the status and resources under each parent?

You can look at the 'parents' tab in the UI, but if you have access to the CLI then please run:

krillc parents statuses --ca <your-ca>

This gives a little more info than the UI I think. You can also run this command with --format json to get even more info.

If you prefer you can share your results with rpki-team at nlnetlabs.nl instead of this list - of course we would be more than happy to report back when we get further.

Kind regards,

Tim, on behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI Team