[RPKI] Krill not publishing RIPE ROAs

Christopher Munz-Michielin chris at canadianmail.ca
Thu Jul 8 18:44:40 UTC 2021

Hi All,

Got a weird issue with Krill and publishing RIPE ROAs. Background:  We
have been running Krill with 1 RIPE, 2 ARIN and 1 APNIC parents for the
better part of a year without issue, but yesterday we started receiving
reports that all our RIPE ROAs had been dropped, indeed when I look at
https://jdr.nlnetlabs.nl/#/search/%2Frpki-repo%2Frsync%2Frpki.ripe.net%2Frepository%2FDEFAULT%2F3JsPwPrhyzvSi50Bqvw1Y_2pUdo.cer
<https://jdr.nlnetlabs.nl/#/search/%2Frpki-repo%2Frsync%2Frpki.ripe.net%2Frepository%2FDEFAULT%2F3JsPwPrhyzvSi50Bqvw1Y_2pUdo.cer>
this does appear to be the case.

I have verified all the ROA's exist via the Krill API as well as in the
GUI.  So far I have tried restarting Krill, Deleting and re-adding some
ROAs, as well as deleting the delegation from RIPE and re-creating it
all to no avail.  I'm at the point where I'm getting ready to blow the
whole setup away and rebuild from scratch, but figured I would reach out
here first to see if anyone has a suggestion to recover from this weird
situation.

Version of krill is 0.8.2 on ubuntu 20.04 installed from the package
manager.  No other RIR's seem to be effected by this.