[RPKI] Routinator 0.8.3-rc1 released

Martin Hoffmann martin at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Jan 28 12:30:04 UTC 2021

Hi!

While we are still hard at work on the next big release of Routinator,
we do have a treat for Routinator users that aren’t routers: The very
first version of a lightweight user interface. So, today we published
the first release candidate for Routinator 0.8.3. The release will have
no functional changes other than including the UI.

The user interface provides two main functions. First, it displays
statistics from the last validation run Routinator has performed.
Secondly, you can the user interface to verify the RPKI origin
validation status of an AS Number and IP Prefix combination.

Verifying the validation status can be done by entering an existing BGP
announcement or an ASN and prefix of your choice, for example for an
announcement you're planning to do. The returned RPKI validity state
will be Valid, Invalid or Not Found and is based on the current set of
Validated ROA Payloads (VRPs) in the cache. Routinator will provide an
overview of all VRPs that led to the result, along with the reason for
the outcome.

This UI is available via the regular HTTP interface at the "/"
endpoint and requires access to /api and /ui (in case you use a reverse
proxy). It was built using Vue.js as Javascript framework, Element as
UI framework and queries the existing Routinator API. It is maintained
as a separate project at https://github.com/NLnetLabs/routinator-ui/

You can install the Routinator release candidate via cargo by running

   cargo install -f --version 0.8.3-rc1 routinator

Binary packages for Debian and Ubuntu are available via the -proposed
'distributions.'

On behalf of the NLnet Labs RPKI Team,
Martin